One of the questions we often get from our savvy women clients is, “Why isn’t my website bringing me clients?”
We really like to use the analogy of the old fashioned business card.
Everyone has one…
You have so much fun putting it together…
You think that just because you have a business card, you hand if off to a potential client, and as soon as it touches their fingers they’re going to call and hire you!
Well, not exactly…
While it can work that way it’s not always true. We have found that the best way to ensure you’re getting not just clients, but the RIGHT clients from your website is by using these 3 tips:
1. Your website is your home base.
Back in the day you had a brick and mortar home base/business. Think about the overhead and how you showed up in your business when you had a brick and mortar business. Someone walks in the door and there’s a nice, clean seating area – aka your home page…
There’s a pamphlet there that let’s the potential client get to know you a little better before actually meeting you – this is your about page…
There’s probably a sign that has your services listed out – that’s your work with me page.
So you really have to think about your website like a brick and mortar business that not only do you want people to come in the doors, but you also have to attract people to your website, which brings us to our second tip:
2. You have to direct people to your website using social media
Social media strategies = better SEO
Using social media strategies and sending people to your website will not only get new eyeballs on your site, but it will also help improve your SEO (search engine optimization). The better your SEO, the higher your ranking will be and, therefore, the more people will be able to find your site on Google and/or other search engine sites.
When building your site, you should always be keeping in mind what will and what won’t affect your SEO. A few helpful tips to improve your SEO are:
- Forward people to your site utilizing your social media platforms (Facebook produced 61% of all website visits generated on social media sites in Q3 2016. Source: Merkle, 2016)
- Within your blogs and on your site, be sure to link out to other pages and resources you utilize to allow a convenience factor to your site and also tell the internet you’re supporting other sites.
- Be sure to consistently make updates on your site by either adding upcoming events, adding new testimonials/success stories, writing weekly blogs, etc.
- Include your website link in your email signature and other places so people will find and click on your site.
- Be clear in your messaging and offer reasons for people to not only stay on your site, but click on various pages and offerings, which tells the web your site offers value!
You can’t assume people will know what you want them to do, you have to be clear in your messaging, which brings us to our third tip:
3. Be clear in your messaging
You have to be very clear in regards to who you are, what you’re about, and what your programs and offerings are.
How do you get people to not only click on your website but stay there? You have to speak to them!
We hear a lot of different industry terms, tips, and verbiage that are simply just copied across the board on different sites regardless of the industry and desired audience.
Don’t do that!
We want to encourage you to really sit down and ask these four questions:
- Who is my ideal client?
- What are their pain points?
- What keeps them up at night?
- What do they want to hear from me?
When you ask yourself these questions and really do a fantastic job of making your answers clear on your site, your specific audience will not only click on your site, but they will stay and look around because in their mind, you are speaking directly to them!
They’ll be thinking,
“WOW!! This person gets me.”
“They understand me!”
“FINALLY someone who knows what I’m going through!”
So, just to reiterate those points…
- Keep it simple and make sure there’s a lot of clarity around your messaging
- Send people to your site!!!
- When people get to your site they want to stay because you get them and understand what they’re going through
Do you have content…?
Do you have a blog that sets you a part as the leading expert in the industry…?
Do you have a video that allows people to connect to you…?
So in thinking about these areas of ensuring you’re getting great leads from your site, is there one area more than the others that needs more of your attention?
Do you have a site with great content and clear messaging to establish who you are and what you’re about?
Are you actually sending people to your site?
Are you speaking directly to your ideal client and offering exactly what they’re looking for?
If you’re really staying on top of these three things, we promise that soon your site will begin to work for you and bring in exactly who you want to work with. It takes a little work but the end result makes it work it in the end.
For our full Real Talk interview and to hear us elaborate on these tips, you an watch it here:
If you have any questions or for more tips on how you can really create a WOW!! website, know you can reach out to us anytime!